Feel safe, comfortable and secure during childbirth with the presence of a doula.
"Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they [begin] breastfeeding more easily."
I provide physical and emotional support for you during the entire childbirth process, from early labor until breastfeeding is established. Throughout the birth, I'm there for you.
I'm not a midwife and I don't provide medical care. I'm a mother of five and have helped other moms during childbirth and breastfeeding. I'd like to help you, too.
When you choose to hire me as your doula:
- We'll schedule prenatal visit(s) to get to know you and your birth plan.
- I'll be available for email and phone consultations.
- When you go into labor, I'll meet you either at your house or at your birthing location.
- I'll be there for you throughout your labor and delivery, providing things like:
- tips and techniques for comfort
- back rubs
- help communicating with medical personnel and family
- objective help and advice
- encouragement and support
- I'll stay a while after the birth to help you get settled and breastfeeding.
- I will visit you at least once after you return home just to check on how you're doing, answer any other questions, and just reminisce with you about your birth experience.
You can read more about what a doula is and how a doula can help you here and here.